Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas in Albania 2006

Christmas in Albania this year was good but different. This is our first Christmas away from Jeremy. That made this holiday more difficult. PTL...we called him on the Skype phone and he was with his girlfriend's family and doing fine. On this side of the ocean, we celebrated on Christmas Eve with just the 4 of us and then on Christmas Day with our teammates. I think it's easier to focus on the real meaning of this special holiday here...there isn't all the commercial hype and hustle to get you sidetracked. On the other hand, it doesn't have that Christmas "feel" in the air that we get in the States, so we have to work at that. At our team party we ate (a feast of course), played Scattergories ( I am not very good at that one.) and took part in a "white elephant" gift exchange. I made out like a bandit...you see I got both Don's, Jordan's and my own bags! It seems the other men on the team didn't search for their gifts like the Z men did. So I got pink fuzzy slipper/boots to wear inside, shower gel, candles, candy, a book, etc....you see Don and Jordan really were not interested in most of them. Oh well!
I have to say that 2 of my friends MADE me beautiful scarves...woohoo....I am set for a cold winter! THANKS!!

1 comment:

Crazy Sioux said...

Hi, I finally had a minute to check this out. You have done a great job with sharing your stories. I will be sure to keep up with you here. Blogging is new to me :) The new year has started and with a balmy 70 degrees - eat your heart out. It will be the coldest weekend of the year next weekend - camping trip coming up brrr! You will be ready to go camping in the winter after your experiences with the cold. I plan to study Daniel this first part of the year so here is Daniel 1:8 for you. Love you guys less than a year and a half :) Crazy Sioux