Thursday, February 22, 2007

No Old Elpaso Refried Here!

Ok. I think I am adjusting and then I discover something else different.
YOU HAVE TO MAKE YOUR OWN REFRIEDS! Oh for the days of opening a can and heating them up. Luckily, the women for our Bible study did not assign this task to me....it wouldn't have been pretty. I only had to take the dessert...I can do dessert.

Oh, and I am learning more and more about fresh. Fresh parsley and dill ...learned what they looked like on Thursday from Leta. Today, it was fresh spinach...I had to ask to make sure...I could have been eating weeds and I wouldn't have known the difference. Spinach comes in a can or its in the freezer section at Wal-mart! Then I had to ask...what is the best way to clean and cook it here. I don't even like spinach...but Don does so I will figure it out. Perseverance!

I have been missing bagels and English muffins this week. I know there is a recipe for them...it's just I don't want to have to start from scratch to eat one!:)

Hope you all are having a great week and Spring is just around the corner...right?!

No comments: