Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Trying to Learn to Knit?!?

I've discovered the reason I never learned to knit...it's not my craft!
It seems that all the Albanian women here knit. Well, I thought how hard can it be to learn. So I asked Leta to teach me one Tuesday so there it began...my knitting headache. She spent 2 hours trying to keep my hands, fingers, the needles (they are very dangerous in the hands of an amatuer!) in the right direction. I am afraid to say...I have lost hope in ever learning to knit well. This is a hand craft that could result in bodily injury, it is a dangerous undertaking! I could poke my eye out, strangle on the yarn around my neck, and any number of other accidents just waiting to happen. I think I will retire my knitting needles and move on to something less dangerous!

No comments: