Wednesday, May 2, 2007

No Bike Path- No Rules of the Road






Sunday afternoon was it. Don, Jesse and I took off on the bikes to head to the park. Beautiful weather and the green grass and trees were calling our names. I followed their lead in and around traffic, around open man holes, over side walk edges and out into the "fast lane"! We made it to the park in the center of the city and enjoyed a pizza lunch on the blanket (I had brought in my back pack). Yep, I'm nearing 40 and own a great, orange and black backpack! Jesse did happen to blow a tire while doing some jump thing off a sidewalk...so Don had to walk it back and get it repaired on the way home. Jesse was then in charge of getting his mother home safely. I'll admit...it was fun and scary at the same time. But, I knew that all I had to do was yell really loud and the Z- men would come to my rescue! Melodye (the bike's owner) would be proud...I didn't just let her bike sit in the garage all summer long :) unused!

1 comment:

Necia said...

People should read this.