Friday, August 31, 2007

Anything Can Be an Ice Breaker!

Well, 2 weeks ago I went to the Bible study in the lagjja (neighborhood) with Don, and our teammates. I was afraid of going...can't understand the language, the location, making mistakes, the list was endless. But that morning, God just confirmed it in my heart, "So you are overwhelmed by fear, Obey Me Anyway!" So I went and I am glad that I went. This is the people group that God has sent us here to share His love with. They welcomed us all inside their "house". I have to say I am now overwhelmed by the children and the great needs all around them, but they have beautiful smiles, and give great big hugs! God loves these little ones and I want them to know it. Back to the ice breaker, as we were all sitting in the room the kids were near me (I'm new so that brings curiosity)...when they spot my toe ring! :) So funny, they had never seen on and didn't know what to think about it. They kept trying to show the others this strange ring on the new comers toe! Well, it was a great way to ease into the group and they had something to talk about.

Tonight, we went again. Every time I go back, by heart just fills for all that they don't have and for all that God wants for them. He wants to have a relationship with each of those dear people in the neighborhood. Now if they would have open hearts to hear His message to them.

No comments: