Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Coffee with Xhixhi

Coffee with Xhixhi started out at a nearby coffee spot where we set down and got better acquainted. I know Xhixhi because I shop at her family's little store every week on my way to grammar lessons. So is always kind and patient with my and my language skills. So I asked her to go out for a coffee with me. After coffee, she invited me back to see her home. She lives in a new apartment building and it was very nice. I was able to meet her mother and her daughter as well while there. I even stayed for lunch and looked at family photo albums. This was a 2.5 hours long excursion in the Albanian language(no English) and culture....exciting and scary at the same time. I hope to meet with Xhixhi again this week as we build a friendship...now to think of what to talk about!

No comments: