Sunday, July 7, 2013

Reflection Time


"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

I've been reflecting a lot on the above verse and have just finished reading the book by Dr. James Dobson,When God Doesn't Make Sense. He shares that, "My strongest advice is that each of us acknowledge before the crisis occurs, if possible, that our trust in Him (God) must be independent of our understanding."  Dr. Dobson's book encourages me that faith is determining to trust God even when I don't have all the answers to life's hard stuff. I can choose to demand explanations and shake my fists at God but that will not make Him give me answers, explanations or a guaranteed stress-free life while on this Earth. Pastor Jack Arrington's sermon today fit right in with where I am struggling. Pastor Jack shared in his sermon that, "God will allow our faith to be tested and usually in those areas where we need to grow most."  I am choosing to believe that God has my best in mind, that He is always with me, and not to lean on my weak ability to understand His ways. 

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5

No comments: