Friday, December 19, 2014

Thinking About...The Light of the World

                       

Gjoni 8:12Albanian Bible (ALB) 12 Dhe Jezusi u foli atyre përsëri duke thënë: “Unë jam drita e botës; kush më ndjek nuk do të ecë në errësirë, por do të ketë dritën e jetës.”

John 8:12 (NIV) When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."


Sometimes you just need God to light up the sky for you. The day after arriving back in Albania , this is what He gave me as a "Welcome Home". Just what I needed. I know that Jesus is why we are here in our host country. I know that He loves our Albanian and Roma neighbors just as much as He loves us.

                         
 

I am NOT feelng very confident with language skills or finding my "new normal" here. I need a time to regroup and ask God what He wants my days to look like. Following a very stressful 6 months filled with change and uncertainty, I do know one thing for certain. Jesus is the Light of the World and only through life in Him can we have peace, joy and assurance of a home in Heaven one day. 

                                        
                                          

Whatever my new normal looks like, I know it will be pointing others to that Light, Jesus, who came to Earth as a baby to be our Savior. That really is the reason for Christmas...we celebrate that He came. God's greatest gift to mankind. We just have to accept it. Praying for many in my life who do not yet have that assurance, that relationship with Jesus that can give hope, joy and peace even in the hardest of times.

Gëzuar Krishtlindjet! 

1 comment:

Greg D. said...

Very well said, Krystal.

Welcome back. Enjoy your new season of finding your new normal and listening for what God has for you. Almost the entire year of 2014 has been that same season for me. And, I am only now beginning to sense a new normal arising. It's still a work in progress, but at least there is something.

Perhaps there will be an opportunity for us to all talk and share each other's thoughts sometime soon over dinner.

Welcome back and te fala, Doni.

Bekime,

greg