Saturday, January 10, 2015

Car rides, 8 tracks, and memories of my Dad


Everyday I think of my Dad. It seems that he should still be here with us. Today makes two year's since Dad passed away after being sick for so many years. Our family is missing someone who taught us: that laughter is good medicine, generosity is important, show others that you love them, and hugs are always a good idea. Dad was a big man with a soft heart. 

I was having coffee with my Albanian friend, B, this week.  We were sharing about family and missing our fathers. B lost her father when she was only 10 years old. He fondest memory is of how her dad would always kiss her on top of the head. 

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File%3ALincoln_Continental_Mark_V_(Auto_classique_Laval_'10).jpg
We had a cool ride like this one!
Some of my best memories that I have of my Dad are: he always smelled so nice, we would go Christmas shopping together, dancing to the jukebox, learning to play pool and cards, hearing him call me by that crazy little kid nickname and when we were in Dad and Mom's grey Lincoln Continental. Think 1970's big car days. He would have the 8 track tape going with some reggae or Santana playing and we would "sing" and "dance" down the road. Fun times and good memories!

Me and my Dad. 2012
I am so thankful for the years that I had with Dad. Miss him everyday. We always knew he loved us. I know he is watching over us from Heaven. 

Love you, Pop! 


No comments: