Sunday, January 4, 2015

My OneWord for 2015


http://www.clipartpanda.com/clipart_images/trust-love-inspired-life-47407235
photo credit
That's the 5 letter word that God has given me for 2015 and really for life.
With January comes the talk of resolutions, fresh starts, and new goals for the New Year. I haven't been one to set New Year's resolutions much because I don't keep them for long. Ugh! Goals on the other hand are better for me and are "more gracious" as Lori Hatcher states in her blog thoughts found here. But this year, I really wanted to focus on a word or thought that I could ask God to impress on my heart.

T.r.u.s.t. It sounds so simple, doesn't it? When things are going great. No problem. When all of your children are happy, healthy and making godly choices. No problem. I'm trusting God! When you have more paycheck than bills at the end of the month. Praise the Lord! I am trusting God. When there is no family stress or fighting. Love it! Trust God!

How about when you have a child with cancer and have reached the end of possible treatment options? (See Madelynn's story here.) Can we trust God? Or when you and your spouse have nothing to talk about and have grown apart? Trusting God? No job, no car, no money for food? Can we really trust God? See, that 5 letter word isn't always easy.

A friend told me recently, "Krystal, you either trust God or you don't." Trusting God is not done in degrees or percentages. I say that I trust God with this, but not this. I trust God with my job, but not with my children. Really, Krystal?! God, the Creator of the universe, is big enough to handle every situation that my family or I face. I may not know or like the outcome of a situation, but I can trust that God does know what He's doing. Even though we hate cancer, pain and suffering, stress and joblessness...He can work all things together for good if we allow Him to teach us in the process.

It's more that I can handle. Trust God anyway. Doesn't make sense. Trust God anyway. For me, this year will be about learning to trust God in the everyday things as well as the seemingly impossible things that come into my life.

Romans 8:28New King James Version (NKJV)

28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

No comments: