I continue to cling to the word "Trust" this year. I asked my cousin, Emily, if she would sing this favorite hymn for me to share with you all. The words seem so simple. Trust. Obey. But for some of us, we need reminders to help us go from fret and worry to trust and obey.
God is all-powerful. I can trust him.
He knows what is best for me. I need to obey Him.
How about you?
Trust & Obey
John H. Sammis, 1887
- When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,What a glory He sheds on our way!While we do His good will, He abides with us still,And with all who will trust and obey.
- Refrain:Trust and obey, for there’s no other wayTo be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.
- Not a shadow can rise, not a cloud in the skies,But His smile quickly drives it away;Not a doubt or a fear, not a sigh or a tear,Can abide while we trust and obey.
- Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share,But our toil He doth richly repay;Not a grief or a loss, not a frown or a cross,But is blessed if we trust and obey.
- But we never can prove the delights of His loveUntil all on the altar we lay;For the favor He shows, for the joy He bestows,Are for them who will trust and obey.
- Then in fellowship sweet we will sit at His feet,Or we’ll walk by His side in the way;What He says we will do, where He sends we will go;Never fear, only trust and obey.