Monday, March 9, 2015

What day is it? For real?!

Photo credit
National Teacher's Day was officially last Friday. It's a day here in Albania, when the kids celebrate their teachers and give a gift to show that appreciation. To tell you the truth, when I was a kid in school we didn't celebrate Teacher's Day.
Photo credit
Yesterday was International Women's Day. That's another one I didn't hear about in the US. It's kinda like Mother's Day but not.  It seems there are a lot more "holidays" on the calendar now than before.

Photo credit
Did you know that yesterday was also "Fill Your Stapler Day"? Are you kidding me?!


 Photo credit
Photo credit
Today is "Napping Day"! Now that's a holiday I can put on my calendar.
 Photo creditTomorrow is "Middle Name Pride Day". Albanians won't be celebrating that. They weren't allowed to have middle names during communism. Even today they usually don't give their children a middle name. So what is your middle name? I actually like mine. It's Renee.
I guess it just goes to show that we can celebrate something everyday. Even if it's something as simple as filling your stapler, your middle name or simply taking a nap. Now, I think it's time for me to "observe" today's holiday and go take a nap. Happy Zzzzzzz's! Natën e mirë! 


No comments: