Sunday, April 5, 2015

Death, Taxes & the Resurrection?!




Hmm. Why have I been thinking about this quote? Death and taxes. Maybe it's because I have been thinking about the resurrection of Christ.  I know, you are probably thinking, how did she jump from death and taxes to the resurrection. I just can't agree with Benjamin Franklin. Sorry Ben.






I know of something else, someone else, that I can be certain in this world. 
Jesus Christ is alive! He defeated death on the cross. He took our punishment for sin on Himself. We have hope of life with Him in eternity. That I can be certain. 


It's simple, really. God tells us in His Word how we can accept His gift of salvation.
  • Admit that we are sinners. No one in himself is good enough to go Heaven. Our sin separates us from God forever. (Romans 3:23)
  • Salvation is a free gift because Jesus died in our place on the cross, was buried and rose from the dead. (John 3:16)
  • One must receive the gift of salvation by trusting in Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. (John 1:12)

Why do we want to make it complicated?! It's a gift. Not earned. Not bargained for. Just receive it. You won't be perfect after you do. But you will be forgiven and God will never leave you.

I call myself a believer and follower of Jesus Christ. I have baggage. Lots of it. Sin is never pretty. Sin always has consequences and very rarely hurts only yourself. But I know that I have been washed clean by the blood of Jesus and His sacrifice for me. He did it for you too. Think about it. This is something we can be certain of. Even more so than "death and taxes" as Mr. Franklin shared.