Monday, May 18, 2015

Music Moments: "Jesus Loves Me" (by Chris Tomlin) Not Just for Kids


What do you think of whenever you hear the words "Jesus loves you."? Do you think of the children's song from your childhood, your gramma saying those words when she hugged you tight, a Sunday School teacher from way back? Or maybe, you've never really heard those words and truly understood what they mean.




When I heard this song from Chris Tomlin last night, the power of the words just hit me.
Me. I was lost. I was in chains (figuratively) from the weight of sin in my life. The world's call to be popular, go here, do this, drink this, say this....the world had a hold of me. My heart slowly turned to stone. I didn't care what anyone thought of me. I didn't like myself much either.

I was covered in shame. Shame from running from my good and loving Heavenly Father who only wants what is best for me. My Father who never stopped calling me His daughter. Even when the stink and filth of my shame was evident...or if only to myself...He came for me.

Jesus died for me, He knows my name. He is the reason I will never be the same. Jesus loves me. Jesus loves you. He is for us and for that I am so grateful.

No comments: