Tuesday, June 23, 2015

A Little Engine Vs. A Big Mountain




The little church plant, His Courts Church, planned its summer picnic--up and out of the city. The Schochs are in the States this summer so we all wanted to have a fun gathering before they left.

It was an "adventurous", prayer-filled drive for one out of the three vehicles (full of people)! Imagine a one lane road, no guard rails, curves and steep, steep inclines and ME driving!

I was the one driving the little car as we were saying "I think I can. I think I can. I think I can."  It felt like the "Little Engine that Could"...only it got to a point that it couldn't and it wouldn't.  I had to switch vehicles with Don and he was able to push/encourage the little car up the steep road. Wooowee! Glad he was there, because I was between a "rock and a hard place".
You can get your own copy here:)
We drove and drove up the mountain, walked down the incline, waded through the creek, then up the hill to where we found the perfect flat spot...for our picnic. It was worth the effort! We had a great time together and lots of laughs to start our summer.

Life is full of situations where we don't think we can go any further. When we are exhausted and it just seems too hard. We ask ourselves, "Is all the work really worth it?" There are times when we need the help and encouragement of others. When we need that little extra "push" to keep going. I am so glad that I have people like that in my life. Those whom I can count on as my greatest "cheerleaders".

Do you have people in your life that are your "cheerleaders"?
Do you intentionally encourage others with "I know you can!"?

No comments: