Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Shingles?! What ?!


Shingles are not only those things on roofs!

I really thought that I would at least get to 50 years old before being diagnosed with a case of the shingles. Really! Who has time for shingles?!

A few things I've learned from this bout of sickness:
http://www.cdc.gov/Features/Shingles/
http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/shingles/shingles-topic-overview
  • You can't "share" it with those who've already had the chicken pox. 
  • You shouldn't be around pregnant women or infants. 
  • Even good makeup can't cover it up when it's smack dab above your eye! (Didn't learn that on the websites:)
  • "After you get better from chickenpox, the virus "sleeps" (is dormant) in your nerve roots." Then it wakes up! A visit from chickenpox's evil cousin, not fun!

Well, I had a bad attitude for a few days. Now, it is what it is. I have to just keep my focus on what's important. Kids hearing about Jesus! So, if you are local and pregnant or have a newborn...I will be staying away from you for a bit. I will be better in a few weeks. Then we can do coffee:)






No comments: