Sunday, July 26, 2015

Music Moments: Trusting & "It is well" by Bethel


 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.   

 Matthew 11:28

I feel that my OneWord for 2015, trust  keeps coming back to the forefront of my life. All around me, and in my own heart, I see the need to trust in the One who holds us, to the One who gives us rest when we are too weary to take another step and calls us to trust in Him for every situation that we face. 


In Albanian, the word trust (in the noun form) is besim. Five little letters. Not too hard to say or remember, but it's not always easy to do. We want to get caught up in the "what ifs", "if nevers" and then we/I forget Who knows what's best for me. It might not look or feel "better" but it will ultimately be what is best. (PS. Thankful for sermons from our home church in Columbia, SC to listen click here.)


I find this trust even harder when it involves my loved ones and their live situations/choices. How about you? What do you struggle with in the whole area of trusting God?


As I was thinking about several situations this week, I stumbled across this song. I was looking for different renditions of the classic "It is well with my soul".  That old hymn just popped into my mind one day and I couldn't keep from singing it. Now I can't get this song out of my mind. That's not a bad thing though, but you've been warned. It might happen to you too!



                                           
    "It is well"
Lyrics:
Grander earth has quaked before
Moved by the sound of His voice
Seas that are shaken and stirred
Can be calmed and broken for my regard

Through it all, through it all
My eyes are on You
Through it all, through it all 
It is well
Through it all, through it all
My eyes are on You
It is well with me

Far be it from me to not believe
Even when my eyes can't see
And this mountain that's in front of me
Will be thrown into the midst of the sea

So let go my soul and trust in Him
The waves and wind still know His name

It is well with my soul
It is well with my soul
It is well with my soul
It is well, it is well with my soul


Publishing: © 2013 Bethel Music Publishing



2 comments:

CHARLENE and MARK said...

I like this song, Krystal. Thanks for sharing.

Charlene

Krystal Zollinger said...

Glad that you enjoyed it! I like finding new to me artists!