Saturday, July 25, 2015

What would I tell a younger me? (Appropriate because today is my birthday:)





The song below really speaks to that question. Have you ever thought about that? What could you, would you do differently if you could tell your younger self a few pointers?

We've all made mistakes, sinned, hurt others and ourselves. We all have regrets. We should have done things differently, better, been wiser and less selfish. 

But we've also missed out some good things: more laughter, big toothy smiles and pure fun. This by not taking more opportunities that come our way.




I would tell a younger me:

   Focus on who God says you are
   Ignore the negative people
 eXtra hugs are always a good idea

  Make the most of every opportunity
  Yellow is not your color:) & you can have long hair and curls:)

  Exist for God's glory 
  You are going to love being a mom!
  Enter college for a degree in education, you will understand one day
  Spend more time being thankful than you do complaining

Fix your eyes on Jesus!



Lyrics:

Hit rewind, click delete
Stand face to face with the younger me
All of the mistakes
All of the heartbreak
Here's what I'd do differently, I'd 



(Chorus)
Love like I'm not scared
Give when it's not fair
Live life for another
Take time for a brother
Fight for the weak ones
Speak out for freedom 
Find faith in the battle
Stand tall but above it all
Fix my eyes on You
On You



I learned the lines and talked the talk 
(Everybody knows it, everybody knows it) 
But the road less traveled is hard to walk
(Everybody knows it, everybody knows) 
It takes a soldier
Who knows his orders
To walk the walk I'm supposed to walk, and



(Chorus)



The things of earth are dimming
In the light of Your glory and grace
I'll set my sights upon Heaven
I'm fixing my eyes on You, on You
I'm fixing my eyes on You, on You 
I'm fixing my eyes 



(Chorus)



I'll fix my eyes on You, on You
I'll fix my eyes on You, on You

2 comments:

talk2shari said...

Love that song and that thought Crystal!

Krystal Zollinger said...

Thanks Shari!