Thursday, September 24, 2015

A Country Without Redbirds



I am not a bird person.  It's not that I dislike them, I just  never have any luck having them as pets. RIP to the previous birds that were at one time living in our home. But there is one bird that I love seeing. Cardinals/redbirds are beautiful and are known song birds.


Somewhere along the way, I decided that whenever I saw a redbird it would be my reminder that God sees me and is with me. 


While others think that a cardinal represents a loved one who has passed. When they see a redbird, it then reminds them of their loved one.


Since living overseas, in a country where I have yet to see a redbird, I truly miss those red-bird sightings. Now, I have redbird suncatchers in my kitchen window. Not the same, but it works for me. I need reminders...for lots of things. I write lists, set alarms, put post-it notes around, etc. I have a short attentions span. How about you?


"... And surely I am with you always,
 to the very end of the age."
Matthew 28:20b


For me, often I need to remind myself that God sees me and is with me. He will never leave me alone. Life can have some tough bumps or boulders in the road. Knowing that we don't face life's difficulties alone is what gets me through each day. 

Do you have a special visual that reminds you of something special?

No comments: