Wednesday, January 27, 2016

This isn't flip-flop wearing season!

.

I keep re-reading this line from the book, Streams in the Desert. ( A gift from a dear friend. Thank you very much!)


"Each of us may be sure that if God sends us over rocky paths, He will provide us with sturdy shoes. He will never send us on any journey without equipping us well."




This has also been connecting with my Beth Moore Bible study homework from last week on faith. "Faith is a response, believing/trusting in God's faithfulness." 


God is faithful. He can not be unfaithful. He keeps His Word. He never changes. He loves us.

Do I have faith to trust God 
and put my "sturdy shoes"on every morning? 

Some days the path is nice, flat and clear other days it's difficult to even see the next step. Then there are time when that path is so crazy hard and steep that I want to turn around and head back down. 



I shared with my sweet friend, "We are definitely NOT in a flip flop wearing season of life! More like combat boots." 

I need to remember that God is faithful.


"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."
                                     Lamentations 3:21-23

No comments: