Sunday, February 21, 2016

Music Moments: Unspoken- Lift My Life Up (Acoustic Performance)


.

Take My Life & Let it Be ~ Wherever the Road May Lead

That can be a really difficult thing to say when we've got a tight grip on a particular situation, personal relationship or ministry opportunity that we've been struggling with. It's easier to sing those words than to live them. Don't ya think?

Recently, we took a little time away, to take a breath from being "at home and at work" in our host country. That's the only way to completely rest our tired brains from being in a different language and culture for days, weeks, months and years on end. We were able to think and pray, search God's Word and ask Him for clarity for some things. We returned "home" much more rested and a lot less stressed. That would be called a successful get-a-way!




Then, the first song I heard upon arriving back to our house was the one in the video. It just hit me right where we were. Giving God everything that we/I had been holding tightly to and asking Him to help us trust Him for the outcome. God is trustworthy. He knows what He's doing. He doesn't need me to direct Him. God wants me to just "lift my life up" and allow Him to work.




"Lift My Life Up"

You brought me this far so why would I question You now
You have provided so why would I start to doubt
I've never been stranded, abandoned or left here to fight alone
So I'm giving You control

I lift my life, lift my life up
I give it all in surrender
I lift my heart, lift my heart up
You can have it forever
All my dreams, all my plans
Lord I leave it in Your hands
I lift my life, lift my life up

Have Your way in me
Have Your way in me

If peace is a river then let it sweep over me
If I'm under fire I know it's refining me
When I hear You calling out I follow now wherever the road may go
I know You're leading me home....

 lyrics continued at http://www.azlyrics.com

No comments: