Sunday, January 5, 2020

13 Years Ago

My blogaversary was 11/24/06.

I reviewed my posts and noticed that 13years ago marked my very first blog post.

I used to write a lot. This blog was one of the ways I shared with family and friends about life in Albania. I shared my highs, lows and in-betweens of living overseas.




Then at times, the blog would go silent.
I would stop writing, stop sharing. Too busy, too tired, not sure I had anything more to share. Nothing more I really could share. 

That’s what happened in 2016. The blogging stopped.
That’s when life just got increasingly more difficult for me. “Burn out” was on simmer. I was losing my way. My heart was unable to deal with the continued losses, changes, and stresses that came with our nearly 12 years of  working overseas.





It was too painful to share my true thoughts on this blog. I didn’t think that I had any right to be struggling emotionally or spiritually. I needed to just keep on keeping on. Be tough. Others had it harder than I did. I had no reason to complain. 

So I began to shut down. My blog. My heart. My emotions. Physically. 
It wasn’t a pretty sight. By 2017, I was a shell of myself. Empty. Tired. Hopeless. 

I had hit full “burn out” and wasn’t sure that I would survive it.

But I did survive. I wouldn’t want to repeat it. I have learned so much through it. 

And finally, I might just be able to share my stories and thoughts here again. That’s what it’ll be. My thoughts and opinions. I know not everyone will agree with everything I share. That’s ok.

I write to remember what God has done in and for me on my journey. I do not write for the approval of the blogasphere. Grace is living large in my life! That’s a wonderful thing.


Thankful for healing,
Krystal

No comments: